hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBASE -- Regionserver and QuorumPeer ?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 18:13:39 GMT
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am not finding fault with what Andy was saying. The problem is that we tend not to
use stronger language when discussing these topics.  And my point wasn't just on this topic
but others posts where we say 'not a good idea' yet someone still pursues the idea until there's
a chorus of saying not to do something.

Hey Michael your point about weasel words is not without merit.

However, I try to limit my use of strong language because I know I
have a tendency toward strong opinions. (On some days I am more
successful than others.) I find it is generally not appropriate to
take a strong tone with users, the impression it leaves is that you
are an asshole, and your community by extension. In this thread I
think you are suffering that very effect.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)