hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Maximum number of tables ?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:42:13 GMT
Currently there is a hardcoded limit on the number of regions that a region server can manage.

Its 1500.
Note that if the number of regions gets to around 1000 regions per region server, you end
up with a performance hit. (YMMV)

So if you have 1 region per table, there's a real limit of 1500 tables * number of RS nodes.

Note: You will probably die well before hitting this limit, again YMMV.