hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Advices for HTable schema
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:03:15 GMT
Comparisons are fine.

Try to not think of this in terms of rows and columns, but in terms of records.
Think of each record as being atomic.
Create a list of all of the components that make up that record.
Then combine like components in to structures.

Like the Street Address.  Add in a couple of fields to suggest when the person lived there.
If there is no end date, it must be a current address.
You could put them in an Array however array's imply a finite size. Ordered set or list would
be more appropriate.
Each of these structures then becomes a column.