hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject RE: Out of memory error in Hbase
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:03:28 GMT
Hi

I am using HBase 0.90.6 - cdh3u4. I am inserting data into the HBase table almost every second
using my Java code. After running the program for 3-4 days,  I am getting heap space error
while running Hbase on certain nodes of my cluster. I have allocated 2G as the heapspace of
Hbase. I can't increase the Heapspace allocated to Hbase, is there some way in which I can
prevent this from happening programmatically or through any particular configuration?

The following is the log:

 serverName=server1,60020,1340693606454, load=(requests=4, regions=18,  usedHeap=1972, maxHeap=1993):
OutOfMemoryError, aborting
 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:57)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:329)  at  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOutputStream.java:44)
 at  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOutputStream.java:37)
 at  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1064)

Thanks
Prakrati

-----Original Message-----
From: Asaf Mesika [mailto:asaf.mesika@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:26 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Out of memory error in Hbase

How Manu puts object are sending to the server?
Maybe you should decrease this amount?

Sent from my iPad

On 28 ביונ 2012, at 11:13, Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agrawal@mu-sigma.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am getting heap space error while running Hbase on certain nodes of my cluster. I can't
increase the Heapspace allocated to Hbase, is there some way in which I can prevent this from
happening?

> The following is the log:
>

> serverName=server1,60020,1340693606454, load=(requests=4, regions=18,
> usedHeap=1972, maxHeap=1993): OutOfMemoryError, aborting

> at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:57)
>
> at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:329)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOu
> tputStream.java:44)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOu
> tputStream.java:37)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1
> 064)
>

> Please help me
>

> ________________________________
> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.