hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBASE -- YCSB ?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:21:22 GMT

On Monday, July 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM, registration@circle-cross-jn.com wrote:

> Now that I have a stable cluster, I would like to use YCSB to test
> its performance; however, I am a bit confused after reading several
> different website posting about YCSB.
> 1) Be default will YCSB read my hbase-site.xml file or do I have to
> copy it into the YCSB conf directory?  I plan on using on of my nodes
> with no Hadoop/HBASE processes running on it, but it has all the
> environmental stuff in place.

You have to put the hbase-site.xml in YCSB/hbase/src/main/conf/.
> 2) Does the hbase.master property have to be site in the
> hbase-site.xml file for YCSB to work?

The only property that has to be there is the zookeeper quorum list. That's what the HBase
client needs to talk to the cluster.
> 3) After working through all the workloads is there a script/tool
> that will clean up my HBase?

Nope. You'll need to go in and disable, drop the table you wrote too. You can do that from
the shell.

disable 'mytable'
drop 'mytable'

That's all you'll need to do to clean it up.