hbase-user mailing list archives

From Asaf Mesika <asaf.mes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling compression
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 04:42:30 GMT
You also need to install Snappy - the Shared Object. I've done it using
"yum install snappy" on Fedora Core.

Sent from my iPad

On 25 ביול 2012, at 04:40, Dhaval Shah <prince_mithibai@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Yes you need to add the snappy libraries to hbase path (i think the
variable to set is called HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH)

------------------------------
On Wed 25 Jul, 2012 3:46 AM IST Mohit Anchlia wrote:

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Dhaval Shah <prince_mithibai@yahoo.co.in
>wrote:

I bet that your compression libraries are not available to HBase.. Run the

compression test utility and see if it can find LZO

That seems to be the case for SNAPPY. However, I do have snappy installed

and it works with hadoop just fine and HBase is running on the same

cluster. Is there something special I need to do for HBase?

Regards,

Dhaval