hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ioakim Perros <imper...@gmail.com>
Subject Presplitting regions + Bulk import data into table
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:40:27 GMT
Hi,

I am bulk importing data through code and presplitting regions of a
table - though I see all data to lead to the first server.

The byte objects to compare with ( so to decide for each reducer' s
output to which region it should go to ) are of the form :
Bytes.toBytes(String.valueOf(#somenumber))

and the reducer's output key is an ImmutableBytesWritable - its' bytes
are being formed like this :
byte[] ckBytes = Bytes.toBytes(String.valueOf(#reducer_task_id));

The thing is that the reducer (KeyValueSortReducer) class allows only
ImmutableBytesWritable objects to be the key of each table's record.

Does anyone have an idea on how this comparison (between
ImmutableBytesWritable and Bytes)is done and what should I do in order
to make the comparison work?

Thanks in advance!
IP