hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ioakim Perros <imper...@gmail.com>
Subject Efficient read/write - Iterative M/R jobs
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:45:45 GMT

Is there any efficient way (beyond the trivial using TableMapReduceUtil
/ TableOutputFormat) to perform faster read and write operations to
tables ? Could anyone provide some example code of it ?

As of faster importing to table, I am aware of tools such as
completebulkload, but I would prefer triggering such a process through
M/R code, as I would like a whole table to be read and updated through
iterations of M/R jobs.

Thanks in advance!