hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dean Banks <dean.ba...@connexity.com>
Subject Re: Leap second bug
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:34:00 GMT
We were caught by this issue.  It impacted all of our JVM processes,
including the full hbase/zookeeper/HDFS stack.

Before we had determined root cause, we somewhat hastily bounced some of
our services (ZK, HM), and had to forcefully kill a few RSes in an
attempt to get things back online.

At the end of the day (with root cause addressed), I was thrilled to see
that our hbase cluster came back online, split logs for 10 minutes, then
passed hbck as soon as all the regions were available.  It is very
impressive that hbase is capable of withstanding what amounted to a
pretty nasty scenario without data loss.

Nice work, guys.

-Dean