hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto failover of HBase
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 04:42:52 GMT
Gen,

HBase has HA across the entire stack. Have you read the original Google Bigtable paper to
understand the architecture of the system? That is a great place to start.

-Amandeep

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Gen Liu wrote:

> Hi, I'm new here. I'm doing evaluation on Hbase before applying it to production with
big traffic and data.
> I was search for detailed documents that specifying the auto failover behavior of Hbase,
e.g. What happen if Master/RegionServer/Zookeeper die(maybe at the same time), how does administrators
recover the cluster, is there any data lost if master is dead for a while, etc.