hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arvid Warnecke <ar...@nostalgix.org>
Subject Re: Enable Snappy compression - not able to load the libs on startup
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:57:29 GMT
Hello,

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:10:12PM +0300, Asaf Mesika wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2012, at 21:00 PM, Harsh J wrote:
> > The hbase-daemon.sh does not ssh back into the host, so preserves any
> > environment variables you haven't otherwise set in the hbase-env.sh
> > file. I guess that did the trick for you.
> >
> Maybe you should look at the content of the jvm argument switch
> -Djava.library.path, (ps -ef | grep hbase , to see the command line).
> This will give you a hint on the directories the .so object is being
> looked for.

It seems that that switch is only in the 'hbase' script itself. But
something like that must be the difference, because in my shell I only
set $HADOOP_HOME and $HBASE_HOME and $HADOOP_CLASSPATH via ~/.zshrc.

Cheers,
Arvid

PS: Too bad that all those handy scripts have been removed in CDH4 completly
btw. Now you have to send the output to a log file by yourself.

--
[ Arvid Warnecke ][ arvid (at) nostalgix (dot) org ]
[ IRC/OPN: "madhatter" ][ http://www.nostalgix.org ]