hbase-user mailing list archives

From Asaf Mesika <asaf.mes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase becomes ultra-slaggy
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 04:47:17 GMT
I used it but I didn't like the fact that the graph was updating every
minute and sometimes every 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 ביול 2012, at 06:57, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Asaf - check the URL in my signature - it's a service for monitoring
various HBase metrics and may visually show you what is going on with
various parts of your 3 servers.

Otis
----
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase -
http://sematext.com/spm

----- Original Message -----

From: Asaf Mesika <asaf.mesika@gmail.com>

To: user@hbase.apache.org

Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 2:35 PM

Subject: HBase becomes ultra-slaggy

Hi,

My cluster started being incredibly slow in the past 2 days.

I've seen many Blocking updates on the region server logs, which lead me to

believe HDFS creates is the bottleneck.

I ran a small test (hadoop fs -copyFromLocal big3_3Giga.tz.gz /tmp) which
copies

a 3.3G file, and I was surprised to see a rate of 11MB/sec, when it was

previously around 28MB/sec.

I have 3 RS computers, hosting DataNode and embedded zookeeper as well.

And 1 Master computer, hosting NameNode as well.

The slowest computer has Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz, 4GB.

What steps can I take to find out the source of this slowdown?

Thanks!

Asaf Mesika