hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Amlan Roy" <amlan....@cleartrip.com>
Subject Recommended Production setup
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:01:05 GMT
Hi All,

We want to use Hbase in Production for our new Analytics module. I need some
suggestions before I setup the production cluster.

1.       I have used Hbase-0.92.0 with Hadoop-1.0.0 for our POC. Are these
versions production ready?

2.       Initial setup I have thought is:
a. One Master machine. It will be used as Secondary Namenode also.
b. One Namenode. It will be used as backup Master also.
c. Three dedicated Zookeeper servers.
d. Five machines that will be used as Datanode and Regionserver.

Please let me know if this setup is good enough to start with (I understand
that the number of Datanode/Regionservers will depend on the load).

Regards,

Amlan