hbase-user mailing list archives

From Laxman <lakshman...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hmaster and HRegionServer disappearance reason to ask
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 04:22:17 GMT
> > 1) Fix the direct memory usage to a fixed value -
> XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=1G
> This flag should be in RS ou DN?

We need to apply for both but limit can be increased based on your load (May
be 2G).
Also we can to apply to all processes which are having following symptoms.

1) Allocated heap is few GB (4 to 8)
2) VIRT/RES will occupy double the heap (like 15GB) or even more
3) Long pauses in GC log (allocated heap is just <=8GB)
4) Your application uses lot of NIO/RMI calls(Ex: DataNode, RegionServer)

In our cluster we apply for all server processes (NN, DN, HM, RS, JT, TT,
Long pauses are disappeared after we set this flag (esp. for DN and RS).

View raw message