hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tony Dean <Tony.D...@sas.com>
Subject RE: access permission denied on table creation
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:47:27 GMT
I figured this out.  groups must be prefixed with @... hbase.superuser=@hadoop<mailto:hbase.superuser=@hadoop>

one other question. does anyone know where I can find the internal JAAS login configuration
used by hbase named "hadoop-user-kerberos"?

thanks.

From: Tony Dean
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 2:24 AM
To: 'user@hbase.apache.org'
Subject: access permission denied on table creation

Hi,

I finally was able to get a secure cluster running and a client connecting to it successfully
using hadoop shell commands.  Permissions worked as expected.  Then I moved to hbase shell
in order to try to create a table and test its permissions based on different user access.

Well, I can't create a table.

hbase(main):006:0> create 'c5decbfc8961b8e0148e1177aa44e531.session.event', 'event'

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException:
Insufficient permissions for user 'saspad' (global, action=CREATE)

I stopped and restarted all of my hbase daemons to make them run under user 'saspad'.  I thought
I read that only the super user can create tables when security is enabled.  This did not
work.  Lastly, I turned off authorization hbase.security.authorization=false, but still got
the permission exception.

You can't grant permissions to a table that doesn't exist.

Any suggestions?  I appreciate it.

Thanks.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
Senior Software Developer
919-531-6704

 << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>