hbase-user mailing list archives

From NNever <nnever...@gmail.com>
Subject Region autoSplit when not reach 'hbase.hregion.max.filesize' ?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 08:42:08 GMT
The 'hbase.hregion.max.filesize' are set to 100G (The recommed value to act
as auto-split turn off). And there is a table, we keep put datas into it.
When the storefileUncompressedSizeMB reached about 1Gb, the region auto
splite to 2.
I don't know how it happened? 1G is far more less than max.filesize-100G.
So if there is any possible scenery that will
ignore hbase.hregion.max.filesize and do split?

How can I totally shutdown the autoSplit?

Best regards,