hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: ways to improve performance of Scan with SingleColumnValueFilter..Please help!!!
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:06:42 GMT
Hi Anand,

Using HBase/Hadoop for some tests for weeks now, I figure that it's
very network consuming. Using it with a wireless computer was VERY
slow. I moved to a 1000BASE-T network and it's now WAY better. I'm not
sure having the nodes shared that way on internet will be efficient.

Have you tried to put/retrieve some files from hadoop with the command
line tool to see the performances? Can you analyse your bandwidth
usage in the same time?

2012/6/29, AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2050@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I am using HBase client API to access HBase. My HBase version is 0.92.1 and
> I have three nodes in my Hadoop cluster. Two nodes are in US and one node
> in India. HBase master is in one of the node in US.
> In this HBase set up, I have a table with 1200+ rows. I am developing a web
> application which uses HBase client java API to retrieve data  from this
> table. This is a GWT web application deployed in JBoss (running in a server
> farm in India). When I retrieve data from Hbase table based on a column
> value, it takes 6 mins. In code, I am doing a scan on table with
> "SingleColumnValueFilter". Given the number of rows, this performance is
> very bad (6 mins for 1200 records). Is there any way to improve the
> performance?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> --
> Regards,