hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Filesystem
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:38:29 GMT
Hi Frédéric,

Ext4 journaling is to recover files after a crash. Or if you are using
hadoop, you already have this feature part of the application. So I
will say yes, you can disable ext4 journaling for the datanodes. BUT
NOT for the master... Also, in book, for datanodes, if the drive you
are using is not the one where you OS is, Lars is recommanding to
reduce the number of reserved blocks and the "last acces" managment.
This will also increase the filesystem overall speed.

JM