hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ben Kim <benkimkim...@gmail.com>
Subject accessing _acl_ from hbase client
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 06:23:29 GMT
Is there any way a client can access the _acl_ table?
I want an administrator to be able to control the user access to all tables.
In order to do this I'll need to access the _acl_ table from the HBase
client.
I'm thinking of something like Mysql user table which has all access
permissions to tables.

I already tried giving _acl_ access permission to the Admin user, (grant
'Admin', 'RW', '_acl_')
but scanning through the _acl_ table with Admin user wasn't allowed.

it's sort of funny that I can still access the -ROOT- & .META. tables
without permissions. Do you think this is a bug? or am I doing something
wrong?

Thank you in advance.
--

*Benjamin Kim*