hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coprocessors on specific servers
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:43:27 GMT
Aman, Lars,

              If I already know in advance that a particular region
holds the data of my interest, then how can I use Coprocessor to
operate on that region only and not on all the regions of a particular
table??Thank you.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohammad,
>
> Not sure I follow. :(
>
> Coprocessor is not MapReduce. MapReduce already takes care to run your code local to
the data.

> Coprocessors can be seen like lightweight Map-only MapReduce job.
>
> You need to share a few more details for us to be able to help.
>
> Thanks,
> Lars
>
> On Jun 26, 2012, at 7:44 PM, Mohammad Tariq wrote:
>
>> Hello Lars,
>>
>>        Thank you so much for the quick response.Actually, I want to
>> run my MapReduce jobs on a region that contains a specific set of
>> data.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Mohammad Tariq
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Mohammad,
>>>
>>> The code runs on the server which is opening the region. It sounds to me that
this is not what you want and that you need to have access to some sort of resources only
available on one specific server? Because if that is not the case, then you are simply using
the coprocessors the wrong way IMHO.