hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RS unresponsive after series of deletes
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 05:13:00 GMT
As I mentioned earlier, prepareDeleteTimestamps() performs one get
operation per column qualifier:
          get.addColumn(family, qual);

          List<KeyValue> result = get(get, false);
This is too costly in your case.
I think you can group some configurable number of qualifiers in each get
and perform classification on result.
This way we can reduce the number of times HRegion$RegionScannerImpl.next()
is called.

Cheers