hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject ways to improve performance of Scan with SingleColumnValueFilter..Please help!!!
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 06:20:33 GMT

I am using HBase client API to access HBase. My HBase version is 0.92.1 and
I have three nodes in my Hadoop cluster. Two nodes are in US and one node
in India. HBase master is in one of the node in US.

In this HBase set up, I have a table with 1200+ rows. I am developing a web
application which uses HBase client java API to retrieve data  from this
table. This is a GWT web application deployed in JBoss (running in a server
farm in India). When I retrieve data from Hbase table based on a column
value, it takes 6 mins. In code, I am doing a scan on table with
"SingleColumnValueFilter". Given the number of rows, this performance is
very bad (6 mins for 1200 records). Is there any way to improve the

Any help would be greatly appreciated.