hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Howto CopyTable from 0.90 to 0.92 ?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:07:30 GMT
It's not a matter of changing rs.class and rs.impl, it's actually the
same here. The difference is that the RPC protocol changed so it's not
possible to copy between those versions. CopyTable just uses the
TableOuputFormat which is an HBase client.

You need to do an Export to dump the data on HDFS, distcp if needed,
then run an Import.

Hope this helps,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:02 AM, Eran Kutner <eran@gigya.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't figure out what to put in the rs.class and rs.impl in order to get
> CopyTable to copy from a 0.90 cluster to 0.92.
> Also, how should I reference the other cluster JAR? should I add it to the
> classpath?
> Thanks.
> -eran

View raw message