hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Lam <chiling...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Isolation level
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:21:22 GMT
Hi Cristina:

My understanding of HBase is that the isolation level fro read ops is Read
Committed. There is only write lock which could protect the data from
modifying by other requests but there is no read-lock (it is there but it
doesn't have any effect). Since put ops are atomic, it can succeed or fail
but not in the middle so clients can only read the data if the write ops
succeeds

HTH,

Jerry