hbase-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kelly <simongdke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pre-split table using shell
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:41:43 GMT
Yes, I'm aware that UUID's are designed to be unique and not evenly
distributed but I wouldn't expect a big gap in their distribution either.

The other thing that is really confusing me is that the regions splits
aren't lexicographical sorted. Perhaps there is a problem with the way I'm
specifying the splits in the split file. I haven't been able to find any
docs on what format the splits keys should be in so I've used what's
produced by Bytes.toStringBinary. Is that correct?

Simon