hbase-user mailing list archives

From Evan Pollan <evan.pol...@gmail.com>
Subject Best practices for custom filter class distribution?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:47:17 GMT
What're the current best practices for making custom Filter implementation
classes available to the region servers?  My cluster is running 0.90.4 from
the CDH3U3 distribution, FWIW.

I searched around and didn't find anything other than "add your filter to
the region server's classpath."  I'm hoping there's support for something
that doesn't involve actually installing jar files on each region server,
updating each region server's configuration, and doing a rolling restart of
the whole cluster...

I did find this still-outstanding bug requesting parity between HDFS-based
co-processor class loading and filter class loading:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1936.

How are folks handling this?

The stock filters are fairly limited, especially without the ability (at
least AFAIK) to combine the existing filters together via basic boolean
algebra, so I can't do much without writing my own filter(s).

thanks,
Evan