hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Region autoSplit when not reach 'hbase.hregion.max.filesize' ?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 04:47:19 GMT
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM, NNever <nneverwei@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 0.94.0, In class RegionSplitPolicy, I saw you
> use IncreasingToUpperBoundRegionSplitPolicy as DEFAULT_SPLIT_POLICY_CLASS.
> But the javadoc tells that defalut policy is ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy.
>
> So is the  DEFAULT_SPLIT_POLICY_CLASS wrong or the javadoc has not update
> yet?

Its not clear what the split policy is going by javadoc.  It just
tells you look at the ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy.  In 0.94, the
default was change to IncreasingToUpperBoundRegionSplitPolicy.class
(along w/ upping the default region size).   Please file an issue so
its less surprising the next time someone tries to do as you did.
Thanks.

St.Ack