hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:53:31 GMT
On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Asaf Mesika <asaf.mesika@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to HBase my self, and when first trying to learn its installation
> path, I couldn't find a descent installation guide end-to-end (HDFS, HBase,
> Linux specific stuff, etc).

So, you complain about the hbase doc because it does not cover linux
and hadoop too?  (Just trying to understand).

> I wrote an installation guide notes, which I'll be happy to expand into a
> full fledge guide, if it can be added to the HBase wiki.

Rather than right from new, perhaps you could edit what we have to
fill in the holes you see in it (Others have done so to help us make
the doc better): http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html

> Those notes were collected from various locations such as: Horton Networks
> blog, HDFS reference guide, HBase reference guide, HBase The Definitive
> Guide, and other obscure blog posts.

Sounds good.  The more sources the better.

St.Ack