hbase-user mailing list archives

From samar kumar <samar.opensou...@gmail.com>
Subject direct Hfile Read and Writes
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:49:19 GMT
Hi Hbase Users,
 I have seen API's supporting HFile direct reads and write. I Do understand
it would create Hfiles in the location specified and it should be much
faster since we would skip all the look ups to ZK. catalog table . RS , but
can anyone point me to a particular case when we would like to read/write
directly .

   1. Since the data we might need would be distributed across regions how
   would direct reading of Hfile be helpful.
   2. Any use-case for direct writes of Hfiles. If we write Hfiles will
   that data be accessible to the hbase shell.

Regards,
Samar