hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manu S <manupk...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 14:25:20 GMT
Hi All,

We are running a mapreduce job in a fully distributed cluster.The output of
the job is writing to HBase.

While running this job we are getting an error:

*Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes
immediately. This could be a sign that the server has too many
connections (30 is the default). Consider inspecting your ZK server
logs for that error and then make sure you are reusing
HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc for more
information.*
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.<init>(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:155)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getZooKeeperWatcher(HConnectionManager.java:1002)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.setupZookeeperTrackers(HConnectionManager.java:304)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(HConnectionManager.java:295)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:157)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:169)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTableFactory.createHTableInterface(HTableFactory.java:36)

I had gone through some threads related to this issue and I modified the *
zoo.cfg* accordingly. These configurations are same in all the nodes.
Please find the configuration of HBase & ZooKeeper:

Hbase-site.xml:

<configuration>

<property>
<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
<value>hdfs://namenode/hbase</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
<value>namenode</value>
</property>

</configuration>

Zoo.cfg:

# The number of milliseconds of each tick
tickTime=2000
# The number of ticks that the initial
# synchronization phase can take
initLimit=10
# The number of ticks that can pass between
# sending a request and getting an acknowledgement
syncLimit=5
# the directory where the snapshot is stored.
dataDir=/var/zookeeper
# the port at which the clients will connect
clientPort=2181
#server.0=localhost:2888:3888
server.0=namenode:2888:3888

################# Max Client connections ###################
*maxClientCnxns=1000
minSessionTimeout=4000
maxSessionTimeout=40000*

It would be really great if anyone can help me to resolve this issue by
giving your thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks,
Manu S