hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manu S <manupk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 14:42:22 GMT
Hi Tariq,

Version: HBase-0.90.4
I downloaded commons-configuration-1.6.jar and put it inside HBASE_HOME/lib
& HADOOP_HOME/lib(In pseudo distributed) and tested.

*hbase(main):002:0> status
12/06/07 19:59:59 FATAL zookeeper.ZKConfig: The server in zoo.cfg cannot be
set to localhost in a fully-distributed setup because it won't be
reachable. See "Getting Started" for more information.

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able
to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could
be a sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default).
Consider inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure
you are reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's
javadoc for more information.*

Is this common-configuration version is compatible for hbase-0.90.4?

@Shashwat:
Thank you!!
Some parameters are missing in my hbase configuration, I will add these and
test. The zookeeper parameters I already added in zoo.cfg. Is that enough
or do I need to add once again in hbase configuration?

Thanks,
Manu S

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM, shashwat shriparv <dwivedishashwat@gmail.com
> [...]

> *<name>hbase.tmp.dir</name>*
> *<value>/home/shashwat/Hadoop/hbase-0.90.4/temp</value>*
> *</property>*
> *<property>*
> *<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>*
> *<value>{your machine name} or {localhost}</value>*
> *</property>*
> *<property>*
> *<name>dfs.replication</name>*
> *<value>1</value>*
> *</property>*
> *<property>*
> *<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>*
> *<value>2181</value>*
> *<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.*
> *The port at which the clients will connect.*
> *</description>*
> *</property>*
> *<property>*
> *<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>*
> *<value>/home/shashwat/zookeeper</value>*
> *<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.*
> *The directory where the snapshot is stored.*
> *</description>*
> *</property>*
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *<property>*
> * <name>zookeeper.session.timeout</name>*
> * <value>18000000</value>*
> * <description>Session Time out.</description>*
> *      </property>*
> * <property>*
> * <name>hbase.client.scanner.caching</name>*
> * <value>5000</value>*
> * </property>*
> *<property>*
> *<name>hbase.regionserver.lease.period</name>*
> *<value>2400000</value>*
> *</property>*
>

> Thanx and regards
>
> ∞
> Shashwat Shriparv

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > which distribution are you using??actually this is not possible..it
> > must be there..download it put it there
> >
> > Regards,
> >     Mohammad Tariq
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Manu S <manupkd87@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Tariq,
> > >
> > > Thank you!!
> > > I already changed the maxClientCnxns to 1000.
> > > Also we have set CLASSPATH that includes all the Hadoop,HBase &
> Zookeper
> > > path's. I think copying hadoop .jar files to Hbase lib folder is the
> same
> > > affect of setting CLASSPATH with all the folders.
> > > There is no commons-configuration-*.jar inside hadoop/lib folder.
> > >
> > > Any other options?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Manu S

> HADOOP_CLASSPATH="/usr/lib/hadoop/:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/:/usr/lib/hadoop/conf/"
> > >> >

> HBASE_CLASSPATH="/usr/lib/hbase/:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/:/usr/lib/hbase/conf/:/usr/lib/zookeeper/:/usr/lib/zookeeper/conf/:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/"

Add