hbase-user mailing list archives

From Yang <teddyyyy...@gmail.com>
Subject EC2 AMI (from cloudera??) for hbase?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 02:37:16 GMT
I'm trying to kick up  a hbase + hadoop cluster really easily (I am a
developer, so don't want to spend time on setting up the environment).

so far we have the cloudera distro and that sets up a hadoop cluster very
fast, but to install hbase, according to the
instructions on cloudera, I have to "yum install" a bunch of packages (I
guess I have to do this on all the slave nodes???),
that doesn't sound like a viable approach.

so I'm wondering if there is already a one-button deployment solution
somewhere.

Thanks!
Yang