hbase-user mailing list archives

From shashwat shriparv <dwivedishash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:41:23 GMT
Try this settings check what you have and what you dont have in the
configuration :

*<configuration>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.rootdir</name>*
*<value>hdfs://{your machine name} or {localhost}:9000/hbase</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.master</name>*
*<value>{your machine name} or {localhost}:60000</value>*
*<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.regionserver.port</name>*
*<value>60020</value>*
*<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
*
*</property>*
*<!--<property>*
*<name>hbase.master.port</name>*
*<value>60000</value>*
*<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
*
*</property>-->*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>*
*<value>true</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.tmp.dir</name>*
*<value>/home/shashwat/Hadoop/hbase-0.90.4/temp</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>*
*<value>{your machine name} or {localhost}</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>dfs.replication</name>*
*<value>1</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>*
*<value>2181</value>*
*<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.*
*The port at which the clients will connect.*
*</description>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>*
*<value>/home/shashwat/zookeeper</value>*
*<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.*
*The directory where the snapshot is stored.*
*</description>*
*</property>*
*
*
*
*
*<property>*
* <name>zookeeper.session.timeout</name>*
* <value>18000000</value>*
* <description>Session Time out.</description>*
*      </property>*
* <property>*
* <name>hbase.client.scanner.caching</name>*
* <value>5000</value>*
* </property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.regionserver.lease.period</name>*
*<value>2400000</value>*
*</property>*

Thanx and regards

∞