hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>
Subject Dynamic load of Coprocessors
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:12:58 GMT
Hi all,

I can't seem to understand if there is a way to dynamically load
coprocessors ?

The best way I found so far is using the shell:

*alter 'URLS', METHOD => 'table_att',
'coprocessor'=>'|com.infolinks.hbase.coprocessors.HBaseTestRegionObserver||'
*

I leave the path empty because I put the jar in my file path and I don't
use priority or arguments.

After re-enabling I don't see the coprocessor in the webapp. I also tried
re-starting hbase which didn't help as well...

Is there a need to add to the configuration as well ? if so, does it mean
that re-starting HBase is mandatory when adding/removing coprocessors ?

Is there a dynamic load method ? without disable/enable to the table ?

Thanks.