hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Baranau <alex.barano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ways to improve performance of Scan with SingleColumnValueFilter..Please help!!!
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:22:20 GMT
I'd agree that HBase is not designed to be run in such "inter-continental"
single cluster setup. Latency in communication between nodes (slaves) is
vital for the health of the cluster.

So, the short answer: just don't do it that way.

What is the reason to have nodes in these locations?

Alex Baranau
------
Sematext :: http://blog.sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Hadoop - HBase