hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic load of Coprocessors
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 14:47:19 GMT
When using the table attribute method you must specify a fully qualified
Hadoop path URI to a jar, and it must be accessible to all regionservers
i.e. on HDFS. (When opening a region of this table the regionserver will
use the Hadoop Filesystem abstraction to copy the jar to a local temporary
directory and then load the specified coprocessor class from it.)

Since you put it on the classpath of the regionservers instead, you can
update the hbase-site.xml file to load it as a system coprocessor according
to the instructions in the HBase online manual.

    - Andy

On Thursday, June 7, 2012, Amit Sela wrote:

> Hi all,
> I can't seem to understand if there is a way to dynamically load
> coprocessors ?
> The best way I found so far is using the shell:
> *alter 'URLS', METHOD => 'table_att',
> 'coprocessor'=>'|com.infolinks.hbase.coprocessors.HBaseTestRegionObserver||'
> *
> I leave the path empty because I put the jar in my file path and I don't
> use priority or arguments.
> After re-enabling I don't see the coprocessor in the webapp. I also tried
> re-starting hbase which didn't help as well...
> Is there a need to add to the configuration as well ? if so, does it mean
> that re-starting HBase is mandatory when adding/removing coprocessors ?
> Is there a dynamic load method ? without disable/enable to the table ?
> Thanks.

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)