hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Keller <brya...@gmail.com>
Subject Small cluster setup
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:27:43 GMT
I have a small cluster with 10 nodes. 8 nodes are datanodes/regionservers, and 2 nodes are
running HA namenodes and HMaster. The question I have is, what would be the best way to configure
Zookeeper in my cluster? Currently I have it running on one of the HMaster nodes. Running
an instance on the other HMaster node seems somewhat pointless as I need at least 3 nodes
for failover. Should I run Zookeeper on the other HMaster node and a 3rd Zookeeper on one
of the regionservers? What are the performance implications of running Zookeeper on a regionserver?