hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coprocessors on specific servers
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:27:36 GMT
Hi Mohammad,

Not sure I follow. :(

Coprocessor is not MapReduce. MapReduce already takes care to run your code local to the data.

Coprocessors can be seen like lightweight Map-only MapReduce job.

You need to share a few more details for us to be able to help.

On Jun 26, 2012, at 7:44 PM, Mohammad Tariq wrote:

> Hello Lars,
>        Thank you so much for the quick response.Actually, I want to
> run my MapReduce jobs on a region that contains a specific set of
> data.
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Mohammad,
>> The code runs on the server which is opening the region. It sounds to me that this
is not what you want and that you need to have access to some sort of resources only available
on one specific server? Because if that is not the case, then you are simply using the coprocessors
the wrong way IMHO.
>> Lars
>> On Jun 26, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Mohammad Tariq wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>         Is it possible to use Coprocessors on some specific
>>> regionservers instead of a per-region basis??As per my understanding a
>>> coprocessor allows us to run the code directly on each region
>>> server.Please correct me if I am wrong.Many thanks.
>>> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>>> Regards,
>>>     Mohammad Tariq

View raw message