hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject Out of memory error in Hbase
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:10:24 GMT
Hi,

I am getting heap space error while running Hbase on certain nodes of my cluster. I can't
increase the Heapspace allocated to Hbase, is there some way in which I can prevent this from
happening?

The following is the log:

serverName=server1,60020,1340693606454, load=(requests=4, regions=18, usedHeap=1972, maxHeap=1993):
OutOfMemoryError, aborting

at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:57)

at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:329)

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOutputStream.java:44)

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOutputStream.java:37)

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1064)

Please help me

Thanks and Regards
Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may
be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message
from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free
from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for
any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.