hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject Enabling caching increasing the time of retrieval
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 06:11:03 GMT
Dear all

I am trying to optimize the retrieval code in Java for HBase. The following are the timings
without cache enabled:
The time taken to get 175347 columns of a row key is 677 ms
The time taken to get rows : 99 and columns: 14888573 is 48806 ms
The time taken to get all data (rows: 396 and columns: 32611576) is 96469 ms

The time taken after caching is enabled(Both block and setCaching) :
The time taken to get 175347 columns of a row key is 713 ms
The time taken to get rows : 99 and columns: 14888573 is 57649 ms
The time taken to get all data (rows: 396 and columns: 32611576) is 111056 ms

As you all can see, time increases after I enable caching. I am not understanding what I am
doing wrong. Please help me

Thanks and Regards
Prakrati

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may
be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message
from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free
from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for
any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.