hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnExplorer <satishtha...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: one HRegionServer means one DataNode?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:34:55 GMT

Thanks for the response Ram!! It is pretty much clear to me now that
RegionServers are part of HBase and Datanodes are part of HDFS. Actually I
have a query - I had setup a hadoop cluster with one master and 3 slaves.
Are these three slaves called RegionServer? And if yes How many data nodes
are there now with me..I guess its 3.plz correct me if I am wrong. thx..