hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dhaval Shah <prince_mithi...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: HBase Schema Design for clickstream data
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:52:46 GMT
We, at Bloomberg, currently do it the way you just described where each user is represented
by a row and each column is a particular click/page view..

From: Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 26 June 2012 1:34 PM
Subject: HBase Schema Design for clickstream data

I am starting out with a new application where I need to store users
clickstream data. I'll have Visitor Id, session id along with other page
related data. I am wondering if I should just key off randomly generated
session id and store all the page related data as columns inside that row
assuming that this would also give good distribution accross region
servers. In a session user could send 100s of HTML requests and get
more about it as to how they have designed the schema.

View raw message