hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schäfer <syrious3...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: HBase upgrade
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:53:19 GMT

Hi

I wouldn't work on the hbase problems if hdfs isn't working properly

keep on the hdfs logs firstly.

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange

BLOCK* BlockInfoUnderConstruction.initLeaseRecovery: No blocks found, lease removed.

 org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange
DIR* NameSystem.internalReleaseLease: File /hbase/.logs/*******,60020,1340364529713-splitting/********%2C60020%2C1340364529713.1340366765952
has not been closed. Lease recovery is in progress. RecoveryId = 222850 for block blk_-643079438075615295_216548{blockUCState=UNDER_RECOVERY,
primaryNodeIndex=-1, replicas=[]}

As I'm not an HDFS expert I can only suggest to format the hdfs if there is only test data
on it.

If the data must be preserved you likely need advice of one of the hadoop pros on the mailing
list.

Please always append your posts so that every post contains the initial question.
Otherwise help will be sparse.