hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Isolation level
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 03:32:55 GMT
Hi
           You can check Scan#setIsolationLevel() API for changing the level. By default it
is  read committed means read only committed writes.

-Anoop-
From: Jerry Lam [chilinglam@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 9:51 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Isolation level

Hi Cristina:

My understanding of HBase is that the isolation level fro read ops is Read
Committed. There is only write lock which could protect the data from
modifying by other requests but there is no read-lock (it is there but it
doesn't have any effect). Since put ops are atomic, it can succeed or fail
but not in the middle so clients can only read the data if the write ops
succeeds

HTH,

Jerry