hbase-user mailing list archives

From Paul Mackles <pmack...@adobe.com>
Subject region size
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 21:29:04 GMT
I think the answer to this is "no", but I am hoping someone with more experience can confirm
this… we are on hbase 0.90.4 (from cdh3u2). Some of our storefiles have grown into the 3-4GB
range (we have 100GB max region size). Ignoring compactions, do large storefiles like this
have a negative impact on random reads? We only recently started doing a large number of random
gets so I have no history to go on in terms of correlating storefile size with lackluster
performance for random reads.

Thanks,
Paul