hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jimmy Xiang <jxi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Schedule major compaction programmatically
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 18:58:38 GMT
It is an async call to the region server to request a compaction.  Once the
request is accepted,
the call returned.  There is no sync call here.  The request is queued and
processed by a pool
of threads.

Currently, there is a metric to show the queue size.  But it doesn't tell
how many are for major,
and how many are for minor.  The queue size is the number of store files
pending compact.

As I know, there is no work around for now.

Jimmy