hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Bauer <christoph.ba...@unbelievable-machine.com>
Subject HRegionPartitioner breaks my configuration
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 16:08:40 GMT
Hi,

first, I'm aware of HBASE-4398 though I don't know how that patch could work.

I'm on a cdh3u3 cluster with 4 nodes. hbase is 0.90.4.

The problem is zookeeper is running on port 2222

The following line results in a NPE when the mappers start:
TableMapReduceUtil.initTableReducerJob("test2",
IdentityTableReducer.class, job, HRegionPartitioner.class);

HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources in HRegionPartitioner.setConf
overwrites quorum and clientPort with hbase-default.xml from hbase
jar, maybe more.
HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources also tries to load
hbase-site.xml, but fails silently (not found as resource).

Can I make my mapreduce jobs aware of this resource. i.e. pass it to
all the mappers or do I have to ask my administrator to make some
changes?

Thank you,

Christoph Bauer