hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ben Kim <benkimkim...@gmail.com>
Subject Region split with one row?
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 14:48:33 GMT
What happens when a region has columns of more than 10GB in one row?
Default max hfile size 10GB, and if the data exceeds 10GB then a region
split happens. But since one row takes up more than 10GB, I'm wondering how
region split happens?

Does this sound clear?

In my guess there're three possible directions

   - HBase takes care of this without any problem.
   - I will need to increase maximum allowed HFile size
   - There's something wrong with my table schema, and need to redo the
   design

what's your guess?
Thanks a lot
--

*Benjamin Kim*
Tel : +82 2.6400.3654* |* Mo : +82 10.5357.0521*