hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kevin <kevin.macksa...@gmail.com>
Subject Looking for a single row - HTable.get(Get) or Scan(Get)
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 20:19:31 GMT
Hi,

>From what I can tell, there are two ways of scanning a table in HBase. I'm
hoping to learn a bit by asking is the most efficient way to grab a single
row from an HTable?

One can ask the HTable directly by creating a Get object, or one can create
a Scan object with a Get object and pass it along to the HTable.

Maybe it doesn't matter. By looking at the source code I couldn't see how
any one way might be faster/better than another.

Thanks.