hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kevin <kevin.macksa...@gmail.com>
Subject Scan addFamily vs FamilyFilter(EQUAL, ...)
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 16:59:35 GMT
Hi,

I am curious and trying to learn which method is best when wanting to limit
a scan to a particular column or column family. The Scan class carries a
Filter instance and a TreeMap of the family map and I am unsure how they
get carried through to the server-side functionality. In terms of
performance is there any difference between doing Scan.addFamily(x) and
Scan.setFilter(new FamilyFilter(CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL, x)?

Thanks.